Monday, July 5, 2010

Families

Growing up in Indiana, I was surrounded with relatives from both sides of my family.  I could not imagine, ever moving away from Central Indiana.  I am a fifth  generation Hoosier.   Then in 1985, we moved to Michigan. Since then, we have been on the move.  With each move, I have worked to maintain close relationships with my family.  Now, with new  advances in technology, we keep in touch in different ways.   While family is vital, developing friendships is equally important.  





Tonight, we had friends over for a cookout.  Is is ever to hot to cookout?  I don't know. But with temperatures in the 90's, I was not cooking outside.    Although it was hot, thankfully, Jerry was able to grill.  After a full weekend, we might have simply relaxed  Not us, we were looking forward to having dinner with our friends.  Felicia, Kathryn, and Leo joined us for dinner.  ...Originally from South Carolina, then  West Virginia, they now live in Georgetown, Kentucky.


Years ago when we first moved... I was  lonely.  Hundred of miles away from family, I longed for close relationships.  God is faithful. With every move, He has generously provided for our every need.  Providing friends was one need...now we have friends who are like family.

God sets the lonely in families
Psalm 68.6

No comments:

Post a Comment