Thursday, April 1, 2010

Traveling in Toronto


The view as we arrive in Toronto

Our room @ the Sheraton Centre Toronto

After exercising @ 6:30 in the morning, I take a pictures of Jerry .., getting ready for a day of taking pictures.

The reason I am in Toronto, Jerry is on business.
While he attends the events, I will explore the city by walking around in the morning.


I want to find out about his building... Later tonight, I will google Massey Hall.

Another random picture... this is near the hotel.

After spending over an hour walking in downtown Toronto, I was delighted to find this church. Inside the church, the scent of incense was heavy in the church. The sanctuary provided a safe place to pray and meditate. I was sitting in the very last pew on the right side of the church. On the opposite side of the sanctuary a long line of people are standing and waiting... Inside the church, what a wonderful diversity of people observing Holy Week.







Walking back from the church, I was ready to have a few moments of complete silence in our hotel room. Walking around the city with a camera and a map, I know that I look like a tourist. In about an hour, I will take a City Bus Tour. From the spiritual to the material, Toronto has some of the most exclusive stores in the Canada. Gucci , we don't have this store in Lexington.... hm..what will I purchase?
Snapshots from the bus



At the end of the tour, this little one was screaming. Everyone was anxious for the tour to end. Warmer than usual temperatures, a van full of passengers, air conditioner that didn't work, impatient passengers, all combined ... to say let us out!








No comments:

Post a Comment