Friday, April 2, 2010

Seeing it again for the first time...

Toronto's population is reported to be 2.7 million. I did not realize the city was so large. I want to experience as much as possible during this visit. When I last visited Toronto our children were wee little tykes. As a young parent, I was consumed with planning, packing, and traveling. This time, I have been able to savor and experience more of the city's history. Walking in the city, I am enjoying peace in the midst of the all the activity of the day. All around are me, I hear a plethora of conversations. What do I remember from my last visit? ...not a much. I have funny little memories... the favorite shoes and t-shirts of my children. From our last visit, I have a sweet picture of my husband and children. So, this visit is really like the first time.

It is like seeing it with fresh eyes...Sometimes when you read a familiar passage or scripture from the Bible, it is like you are reading it for the first time. The Holy Spirit brings a fresh perspective and insight...that has been one of my prayers today... a new appreciation and understanding of Good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment