Friday, August 11, 2023

Friendship Friday

Our culture sometimes glorifies being busy. I am grateful for the gift of friendship that allows me to slow down and have enjoy a meal and have an unhurried conversation.  This week, I had the pleasure of meeting friends for breakfast. 

These sisters ordered the identical breakfast. Pancakes and eggs over easy. I noticed how they moved the eggs around the pancakes and sort of mixed it all together.  It was sort of like our conversation... all mixed together... talking about the pool, travel, children, grandchildren, books, piano lessons, Silent Quakers, and Evangelical Quakers, and life

Since our friendship is anchored in our faith, we  often share how the Lord Jesus is working in our lives. Friendship always offers the opportunity for us to learn, grow, and see how God is working in another's person's life.  

One phrase, I recall in our conversation was this, "The way will open." What does that mean? It is a Quaker saying meaning, " to undertake an action without any prior clarity about all the details, and with respect for the ambiguity of the process." 

For me, it make to think of walking by faith and obedience and trusting God to guide me. If I know all the steps it is not walking by faith. What do you think? 






No comments:

Post a Comment