Monday, September 26, 2022

Monday Musings ...

Years ago, I remember, standing in line to have Naomi Judd sign a copy of her book, Love Can Build a Bridge.  It was a sweet moment to have a short conversation with her. I asked her to sign two copies, one for the program where I served as director, the Williamson County Family Resource Center, and a personal copy. 

 

I’m sure that many other people  in line  at the bookstore may remember that moment as well. We were smiling and chatting as we waited to receive our autographed copy of her book. 

 

Living in Tennessee, I would often see celebrities shopping, eating at local restaurants, or at church. I trust many of her fans remember a concert they attended, listened to one of her favorite songs on the radio and have fond memories of what her life meant to them. Looking at this picture of her, I am reminded of her beauty. I imagine many of her fans were shocked by her recent death.

 

 Wealth, celebrity status, good looks, all these things will not make us immune to depression or mental illness. This month is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month.  I encourage you to take a moment become more informed.  It is important to stay in touch with our family who may be suffering silently. Be available. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment