Thursday, November 18, 2021

What motivates you?

 Last evening, I attended our Wednesday night Bible Study via Zoom. Our pastor posed this question: "What motivates you?"

This question was used as an introduction to the evening's study in his series of teaching Building Bridges:  Sharing the Good News.

 I loved the question, because it made me pause the think.

What really motivates me? Loving God, Loving People, and sharing God's love with others.

At one point in my life, pleasing my parents was my motivation. Then, I recalled a memory of of Daddy. What motivated my father? Every morning, my dad would begin his day by reading the Bible.  Each evening, he ended his day on his knees praying to God.

Today would have been my dad's 96 birthday! My Dad's example is a precious memory.

What motivates you? 




No comments:

Post a Comment