Thursday, November 19, 2020

Thrifty Thursday

Why shop at thrift stores? Here are a few of my reasons.



1.  Save Money ! You will find high-end items for a fraction of the cost.  

2. Thrift Stores are often attached to charitable causes. Goodwill and Salvation Army are two such non-profit organizations.  "Goodwill works to enhance people's dignity and quality of life by strengthening their communities, eliminating their barriers to opportunity, and helping them reach their full potential through learning and the power of work."  The  Salvation Army's  mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.'

3. To discover new or gently used items. 

4.  To reduce waste and help the environment ...  Careers at thrift stores provide "Green Jobs" These  jobs collect and recycle items that would otherwise become waste and potentially add more waste to landfills. 

5.  For me, I shop for items that I will use seasonally. Today, I shopped at GW Boutique to look for chargers. I purchased  six red plate chargers for a mere $3.50. I plan on using them for Christmas, Valentine's Day, and 4th of July. 

Gw Boutiques are a part of Goodwill.  Early this morning, I was the only person in the store. This is the store where I found the chargers. 













No comments:

Post a Comment