Monday, September 17, 2018

Monday Musing ... Boxing ... fighting ...

Are you familiar with any of the fitness trends for 2018? I became familiar with boxing studios because of my son. Months ago, I began to see a few pictures of him boxing on social media.  Then I began to notice boxing classes in our community.


Here, my son- in -law is
trying out his new glove.

Of all the trends, I wonder, why boxing? Sandy Todd Webster, editor in chief of the IDEA Fitness Journal  answers this question.  " We're all living with an incredible  amount of stress in our lives and hitting a bag or throwing forceful air punches using the torque of our whole bodies is an amazing release."

Plus this exercise is said to help strengthen your core.

Not all boxing or fighting has to do with exercise. Some battles have to be fought in the political arena. Or, you may have to fight for a worthwhile cause. You might have to battle against false accusations, or work to defend others.  At others times, you may have to navigate a  health care systems or fight for someone who is ill or powerless.

What battle are you facing? Whatever the situation, I pray God will give you strength and courage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment