Thursday, September 7, 2017

Take a rest

Are you giving yourself permission to rest?  Do you find yourself overwhelmed by the constant bombardment  by the 24/7 news cycle?  What are some of your habits that foster creating a quiet space in your daily routine?

 I can easily become overloaded by absorbing so much news... Local news, state headlines, breaking  news, international alerts, neighborhood updates, and family news.  Then, you add to the regular cycle of news, we cope with the ongoing weather reports, evacuation news, meteorological color maps  and the tracking of hurricanes.

It can be a bit overwhelming.

Then, my car gives me a reminder. Yes, my car. Driving on winding roads in rural parts of the county this alert  pops up on my dashboard. Accelerating around curves, I'm speeding up and slowing down. Somehow, my car is designed to alert the driver. This is the message from my car's dashboard.




The words were a timely reminder. I need to take a rest from the24/7 news cycle. My heart and mind will not be consumed with a daily diet of disaster.  My focus will be on God, praying, seeking peace, and trusting God.

Turning off the television will help me rest from the news cycle.  Become informed, then pray.



No comments:

Post a Comment