Friday, March 3, 2017

Friendship Friday

Last August, Kate Murphy, New York Times reporter wrote an insightful column, titled, Do Your friends really like you? 

I love this part of the piece, “According to medical experts, playing it safe by engaging in shallow, unfulfilling or nonreciprocal relationships has physical repercussions.”

These “friendships” may result in feelings of loneliness or isolation.

So in contrast, healthy friendships are essential. Wired to Connect: The Surprising Link Between Science and Strong, Healthy Relationships written by Amy Bank, psychiatrist, offers scientific links to support what many of us intuitively know… authentic friendships are essential to our lives.

Next, time I meet with some friends, I may pose that question. Do you really like me? After reading the article it prompted me to take some action to reconnect with friends.  I suggest you take a moment and Google the article. It is worthwhile reading.

Are you making time for friends? Do you need to send a text, send a message, or pick up the phone?  I know, I do.  Don’t wait… reconnect.
Angela is one of my favorite friends.
We have one problem... We need to connect more frequently. 




No comments:

Post a Comment