Thursday, December 10, 2015

Telephone calls and text messages

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us."
Western Union Internal Memo 1876

At the time in 1876 it must have been impossible for the people at Western Union to understand the way in which the telephone would transform society. Today, it almost impossible to visual a day without the use of our phones.

Last Thursday, I received a call from my surgeon. He was checking in on me.  I also received texts from his office. Phone calls and texts have been instrumental to ask questions and receive information. 

Since I am homebound, I am grateful for the technology. 

This afternoon, I wanted to talk to my family. So from Indiana to North Carolina, I had sweet phone visits. I love to hear the voices of my family and friends.  I also love see their smiles. 






No comments:

Post a Comment