Monday, December 28, 2015

Monday Musings ... coaches

Since I have had knee replacement surgery, I have had three coaches.

My first coach/nurse has been with me from the beginning. He sat with me in the waiting room. Prayed with me before surgery. After surgery, he held my hand, walked with me, and provided for my physical needs. He held me steady when I took my first steps at home, changed my dressings, and made sure that I took my medicine. In countless ways, this coach has been my rock.

My second coach arrived from Omaha over a week ago. This coach has compassion combined with a sweet sense of humor.  She selected music to accompany my exercises at home. She was a driver to my physical therapy appointments.  Her constant question… “Where is your cane?’
She and her husband returned to their home yesterday.

My third coach arrived from Thailand on Christmas day. His mantra, “Don’t look at the clock. Just make sure you have the right form in doing your exercises.” He brings us short videos from the Economist for me to watch.

My heart is full of gratitude for my coaches.

“Coaching is all about having someone believe in you and encourage you and giving your valuable feedback, about seeing things from a new perspective and setting your sights on new horizons.”
Author Unknown

Do you have a coach?







No comments:

Post a Comment