Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Road Rage and Politics

HONK, HONK, BEEP-BEEP, toot, toot,
It is difficult to have some serious road rage with a horn that goes toot toot. My car has a horn that makes that sound.   Other drivers will pay little attention to my car’s tiny toot warning.

On May 6, I was in a car accident as I was on my way to water aerobics class. The accident was a minor fender bender. A huge truck rear-ended my car. I am grateful I was not hurt! After weeks of working out the details, my car is finally in the shop. 

Hertz has provided me with a rental while my car is being prepared.  This rental has a four-cylinder engine.  L This car idles a little rough and often sputters when I drive around town. And, then, there is that annoying car horn.  I am cautious, I don’t think people will pay attention to the tiny warning of my car’s horn.

Speaking of warnings, rage and anger, Lately, I want to shout and scream when I listen to the local, national and international news. It is easy to feel powerless when I hear, read, and see the turmoil around the world.  While I don’t have rage, I have such a sense of sadness.

When I see hundreds of women and young children who risking their lives to come to America. Isn’t safer in their home countries? Then I am angry with the issues with the VA hospitals. Then, I could literally weep when I see the families who have endured such suffering in the Middle East.  I see so much sadness. Instead of rage, I have such a mix of feelings.

No matter the status of the diplomats, they are powerless to solve many of these issues.  I don’t see much hope with our political leaders.

That is why I pray. 





No comments:

Post a Comment