Wednesday, March 26, 2014

merry - go - round

 Every time I see a merry go round I am reminded of my childhood.  Happy memories. Riding the merry go round ...  and the fair ...

What did I love about the fair? It is difficult to pinpoint one specific memory. It was a wonderful blend of sights, smells, and feelings.  In the distance, I would scan the landscape and look with anticipation. Fun was straight ahead! Before experiencing the fun, I would receive warnings.

My parents always gave us warnings. Without exception, we (my sister and brothers) always were instructed to be on our best behavior. What did best behavior look like?  I don’t know. I  I think it was be quiet and stay close.

Was a merry go round at that fair? Who knows? Maybe I just associate the merry go round with the fair. Memories fade with age. 

" You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry - go - round will wave at his parents every time around - and why  every time his parents will always wave back." William D. Tammeus 

 This merry - go - round is @ a mall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment