Monday, December 30, 2013

Monday Musings ... television

I have set a huge goal for 2014.   

I am saying  good bye to television for one year. An impossible goal?  Sometimes my television only offers background noise. On other days, I watch shows that require a bit of concentration.  When I watch Downton Abby, this show requires I pay attention. 

So, I will develop a  short list of programs I will watch on line or DVR. I will create a book- reading list, listen to more Pandora, and rediscover the beauty of silence.  I am sure my parts of my life will improve. 

Lord willing, I will have adventures.  

"Television is the first truly democratic culture - the first culture available to everybody and entirely governed by what people want. The most terrifying thing is what people do what."
Clive Barnes



No comments:

Post a Comment