Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Musings, Meditation

Monday Musings, Meditation

A typical message on Sunday morning might address any one of a thousand different topics from the Bible. No matter the issue, the Bible offers timeless truths.  

Last Sunday, I was challenged to be more intentional about mediating on God’s Word.
Pastor O’Neil preached from a familiar text, yet, it reminds me to put into practice what I hear. 
As always, I take notes.  What were the points? Is there a command I need to obey … a promise to claim… a sin to avoid or confess … a lesson to learn or a truth to apply …
While I miss attending church at home, it is nice to visit church with family and friends. 

 The message came from this text:
“Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Joshua 1:8 (NIV)


I  also really like this quote…. Mediation on scripture will cause the scripture to “Dwell in you.” Bill Gothard

No comments:

Post a Comment