Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday Musings... coffee


Morning, noon, or night, I love the aroma of coffee.  Coffee has a delicious comforting smell. With
one whiff , I am a time traveler.  I am transported back to my childhood.

Every morning, my parents would have their “ morning cup of coffee”. As a part of Daddy’s daily ritual, he would prepare coffee.   Once the coffee had finished percolating, he would take a cup to my Mother.  This daily routine was part of their preparation for work. Frugal ... my parents would prepare a thermos of coffee to enjoy later in the day. 

Did I develop a taste for coffee because of their example? No When I had my  first taste of coffee, I was so disappointed.   To me, it tasted bitter. I had no desire to acquire a taste for this strange elixir. I wondered how did this hot, dark, and steamy brew have my parents so  addicted? It must have been the taste and the caffeine. 

Occasionally, I drink a latte. This afternoon, I treated myself to a latte at a Cup of Commonwealth. They even had coconut milk. Visiting Lexington? Enjoy a good cup of coffee?  Make a trip to A Cup of Commonwealth. 

They make it easy to " Pay it forward" Check this out! 



Each of these coffee cup holders represents one individual  who has donated a cup for someone in the community.
Creating community... cool




No comments:

Post a Comment