Thursday, August 22, 2013

Back to School... Yeah?


Returning to the classroom this week has been bittersweet. To be honest, I want more summer. I want more long summer nights, lemonade, lightening bugs, and picnics.  I savor summer.

Preparing for the new semester, I am hesitant.  Do I want to resume my role as a volunteer in the classroom?  Do I want to prepare lessons, attend meetings, and research ways to bring life to classroom content? Walking into the classroom my doubts melt away. What a joy to welcome new students.

Over the next week, the classroom roster will swell and dwindle.  Students will be placed in appropriate levels. BCTC’s Testing Coordinator is one busy lady. Diane will continue to welcome and test students. She will juggle phone conversations and encourage volunteers. She does it with ease.  

As I glance around the classroom, I say, Back to School! Yes!

Treats for the students.... tomatoes from the garden








No comments:

Post a Comment