Thursday, February 17, 2011

Learning goes both ways

Each week, I tutor immigrants and refugees who are new to Central Kentucky.  Tutoring adult education students is one of my greatest joys.  On most occasions, my time in the classroom is 90 minutes.  In order to become a more effective tutor, I find myself committing more and more time to research. Preparing for class I find myself discovering and learning as I prepare lessons.  Literally, learning goes both ways.  Student and teacher on this journey together...discovery.

Diphthong ~ Literally “two sounds” or two tones also know as a gliding vowel, refers to two adjacent vowels  sounds occurring within the same syllable…Technically, this is the tongue moves during pronunciation of a vowel.”  Wikipedia  examples….cow, boy, brown, etc.

In the Operation Read office, I find a wealth of information to help me with lesson planning.  My most valuable resource…people  ...other volunteers
mother and daughter who volunteer




No comments:

Post a Comment