Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cooking and Chewing Gum


One of my favorite childhood memories…licking the bowl after my mother was finishing mixing cake batter.  After she transferred the batter to the cake pans, she gave us  (my sister and brothers) the bowl.  I remember my finger would slide around the bowl capturing a small portion of the remaining batter.

Yesterday, I offered cookies as the desert for the Cooking Light luncheon.   How did I handle the temptation while preparing  the cookies? Having yielded to temptation countless times before... I am striving to overcome over eating… sin…  What did I do?  Prepare the kitchen … assemble the ingredients… pre heat the oven… gather the measuring utensils …get my sugar free key lime chewing gum…  
Ready…

In the past, I would eat the cookie dough, lick the bowl, and eat way too many cookies.  Not yesterday! The cookies arrived safely… they looked and tasted great. The best part, I left the remaining cookies with our hostess.   

Overcoming temptations... I pray daily...

Pouring water on the leftover icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment