Monday, November 8, 2010

Growing in community

Why do I hesitate to tell a friend or family member about a fault or sin? Why do I prefer the comfort of shallow relationships rather than telling the truth. I am a member of a small group. We are exploring what it means to live in community.  Small groups from our church have been discussing our need for each other, being patient with each other, encouraging each other,  and warning each other.   We are challenged to move from talk to action. 

Confronting a loved one about a sin can be uncomfortable.  We have been examing our motives.  When we are motived by love it makes those difficult issues easier.

As we host families in our home, I'm challenged... just to keep things super organized and clean.  On Tuesday evenings when everyone begins to leave to go home, I am thankful for the blessing of friendships.  I am tired and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment