Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How do we learn?

Teaching is a joy! Every Tuesday afteroon, I have the privilege of teaching students from six different countries and three continents.  I am a part of a team of four teachers. We are like a relay team.  Instead of a baton that passes from person to person, we share lesson plans, attendance records, and class notes.   We refine our teaching strategies, attend professional development seminars, and have staff meetings.  Why? For a paycheck? No, we are volunteers.  God has given us such a love for the students.

We participate in a multilevel classroom setting. In our toolbox, we use repetition, modeling, elicitation, pacing, pair work, and so much more in the classroom.  Simply put, we learn in layers.  Students and teachers, we learn together. 

Two weeks ago, my cousins Isaac, Naomi, and Logan taught me how to use my new phone.  Isaac was patient. He guided me step by step to show me how to use all the applications on my phone. 

What did you learn today? 

My young cousins...

No comments:

Post a Comment