Sunday, November 29, 2009

Celebrating Advent


The Season of Advent. Advent is from the Latin word adventus, meaning"coming". For Christians , this is the time we focus on the celebration of the birth of Jesus.
Four years ago, our friends Roger and Naomi gave us this Nativity scene. They purchased this hand painted scene while on a mission trip in Guatemala . Every time I look at the scene, I am reminded of the purpose of Jesus coming into the world, "Word Made Flesh" and dwelling among us... This nativity scene also serves as a vivid reminder that His birth transcends every culture and ethnicity. I love the colors in this particular scene. I look forward to tomorrow, I will visit with a friend. She has collected over a hundred different nativity scenes. I hope to share some of those scenes in the coming days.

As I child I remember counting the days until Christmas. Today, as a adult, I work to make each day count.

"Season of Advent Anticipation and Hope" by Dennis Bratcher is worth reading.








No comments:

Post a Comment