Saturday, January 17, 2009

Leadership...



Leadership….

Can individuals learn leadership skills?

The Classified Aspiring School Leadership Program is a voluntary program. It is designed to offer Fayette County Public School Employees an opportunity to improve their leadership skills.

In the fall of 2008, I applied to become a part of this program. In my application, my definition of leadership was not original; I shared about servant leadership, because I believe that is the essence of leadership. In December, I joined classified Fayette County Public school employees from across the district to begin the journey of learning more about the art of leadership.

There are so many quotes about service, but one of my favorite is one from Martin Luther King Jr. “Everybody can be great because everybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”

At our January 13, 2009 meeting, members of the program were divided into teams. Here is my group.




No comments:

Post a Comment