Wednesday, January 7, 2009

An Afternoon Tea


Now, all of the Christmas decorations are neatly tucked in boxes and carefully stored on shelves. It takes me about half a day to take down the tree, ornaments, and garlands. When all of the decorations are put away, I have more than a tinge of sadness. The excitement and anticipation of the holiday season have long since melted away like my vanilla candle. I do savor sweet memories of the past holiday, visiting with my sweet peas, laughing over card games, cooking Christmas dinner together and laughing over gifts. Most of all, I thank Him in whom makes all things possible.
After making several trips to the airports, the children have arrived safely to their homes and jobs. Now, the house is empty again…
In December, in anticipation of the holiday let down, I planned an afternoon tea with a few friends. While the tea only lasted an hour, I spent hours preparing for the afternoon. Once the guests arrived, I was able to sit down and enjoy the conversation and cup of tea. We sipped Passion Tea, Earl Gray, and Pomegranate Vanilla. This tea was a way to ease into the routine of work and welcome friends.
Friends, tea, sandwiches, dessert cakes, conversation, flowers, a sweet way to spend a afternoon. Here are some pictures from the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. what a great post! i'm looking forward to seeing the photos from your tea time. i bet that was a meaningful time for you all.

    ReplyDelete