Are you in a book club? In my circle of friends and acquaintances. I know several individuals who are in at least one book club. I have been a member of one book club for over twenty years. Reading and discussing books has given me thousands hours of joys. We linger over conversations, enjoy meals, and every once in a while, we travel to distance cities for over night gatherings.
What do I do with all those books ? Years ago, at the encouragement of my son, I set up an online bookstore. That online bookstore was successful. I was able to sell books and downsize my library. It was enjoyable to sell books that had provided me hours of entertainment.
According to my research assistant, (Alexa) today there are nearly 500,000 book clubs in the United States. I think that number is drastically, underestimated. Why?
In some ways, each week, millions of people gather in living rooms, kitchens, Zoom meetings, old and new buildings, storefront businesses, and in ancient cathedrals to discuss books from the Bible. It is here that many people from all over the world, meet to discuss the ancient and life changing words from the Bible.
In my opinion, the world's largest Book Club is the Bible.
No comments:
Post a Comment