Thursday, October 21, 2021

Thirfty Thursday

 "Have you ever made a purchase you were not intending to make? Maybe you saw a beautiful handbag and thought to yourself - I need that! This type of purchase is called an impulse purchase and Americans are estimated to spend $182.98 a month on them. In fact, research shows that in 2020 we spent 18% more on purchases as the pandemic went on." 

"Obviously, shelling out  nearly $200 in unplanned expenses a month isn't a good idea for your budget." Source: Clever Girl Finance

Last week, I made two impulse purchases. Where? One was in a bookstore and the other was in the grocery store.  

Before going to a store, I made a list of the things I need.  Then, the impulse to buy something got the better of me. 

What are your tips for avoiding impulse purchases.

Here are mine.

  •  Beware of the items at the check out counter at grocery stores. 
  • Don't sit and look at  any home shopping networks. They are designed to entice buyers.
  • Pose this question to myself ... Do I really need this? Or do I want this? 
  • Set a time for a fast. Buy only items I need to prepare meals. 

This magazine was at the check out counter. $13.99 




No comments:

Post a Comment