Monday, September 27, 2021

Monday Musings ... war zones

 Early this morning, I was chatting  with a friend at the Y. As we chatted, I asked her, 'How is work?"

She said ... 

"I know what it must feel like to be in a war zone. Each day, I feel like I am in one. We are short staffed, under stress and face so many challenges. We are seeing many people in their twenties are very sick. "

I had no idea ... 

To compare going to work as a war zone is quite terrifying. Please pray for individuals who are doctors, nurses, and all of the medical staff. 

John Le Carre said this about War Zones.

"In every war zone that I've been in, there has been a reality and then there has been the public perception of why the war was being fought. In every crisis, the issues have been far more complex that the public has been allowed to know.

In the war against sickness and disease, we know that there are many front line workers.  We don't hear their countless stories from inside hospital corridors and emergency rooms.

While we many never know their individual stories, our all-knowing God is aware of every hurt and ache in every hospital room. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment