Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Monday Musings ... cleaning

I gave up hiring someone to clean my home. It was pointless to clean before they cleaned. On most days, I enjoy cleaning.

I appreciate linen closets where sheets are folded neatly, towels that are organized, and things look tidy. I love a clean bathroom, sleek kitchen counters, and a freshly made bed. Simple pleasures.

It bothers me when my mirrors are dirty or there are streaks in windows.  It bothers me to see spots, smudges, dust, and clutter.  One source of irritation is the  ongoing process of cleaning. Cleaning never ends.

I recently read an article about the Zen of cleaning. While I don't understand all that Zen stuff... I know I love the smell of clean, the look of organization, and the simple beauty of clean. I enjoy the process of cleaning dirty counters, folding sheets when they fit nicely together, wiping dust away, and looking at a room once it is clean.

Cleaning and organizing is a process... I continue to learn... and practice.

My great grandmother was an expert at cleaning. Here is  of her favorite sayings ... the author is unknown.

"Everything in its place
and
A place for everything." 


No comments:

Post a Comment