Friday, November 29, 2019

Frugal Friday .. Black Friday

What is the history of  Black Friday?  The earliest evidence is that the term Black Friday originated in Philadelphia and was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian traffic the day after Thanksgiving.*

Today, many Americans find great joy in shopping this day after Thanksgiving. I was on the many customers in my community that braved the shopping frenzy.

 This morning, I went to Half-Price Books, I was hoping I would receive a free shopping bag. The bags were given to the first 100 shoppers. Inside one of the bags, one lucky shopper would receive a $100 gift certificate.  I arrived too late. ๐Ÿ˜

Today, every customer at Half- Price Books  received  20% discount on their purchases. ๐Ÿ˜‚
As my shopping continued, I went to Lowes and purchased poinsettias for fifty cents!
Later, I ventured to the mall and discovered more bargains.


Did you shop today? Or, will you wait for Cyber Monday to take advantage of online deals? Some sales will continue tomorrow.
My tip, make a list. 

*according to one online source

No comments:

Post a Comment