Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Monday Musings ...


In the drawer of  my bedside table,  I have a small stack of thank you notes. This stack of handmade cards were created by elementary age students Some of the cards are addressed to me  reading “Thank you Aunt Jacqueline for the books.” .    

Why are they saying Aunt Jacqueline? Then, I remember Dawn! My niece teaches in an elementary school in Indianapolis. Each of her student were instructed to write  a thank you note. On the outside of the cards, they drew flowers, cats, animals and creatures.  Inside the folded papers, students wrote sweet notes.

I have kept those notes for over two years. I loved reading their notes. It is my hope that each of those students continue to enjoy reading, learning, and writing thank you notes.

In a recent article from Wellness Mama she states five reasons writing thank you notes are important. 
1.    Improve Mood
2.    Good for Physical Health
3.    Helps you stand out
4.   Foster Connection
5.    Revives a Lost Art


-->
Dawn students are fortunate to have her as their teacher. She is imparting life lessons. I know that Lane ( Dawn’s mom) stressed the importance of writing thank you notes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment