Saturday, August 20, 2016

Wait ... don't post every picture

This afternoon, I was sitting in our church preparing to take pictures then post them on Instagram. A little later, I might post a few pictures on Facebook. As instrumental music was playing in the background, our pastor addressed the waiting congregation. " Please do not post any pictures of the wedding on social media.  The couple requests that you wait... sometimes before the ceremony is even finished... guests are posting pictures.... do not post pictures of this wedding on social media."

Yes, Pastor, I get it.   Sometimes, I find myself wanting to savor every moment by capturing it with a picture.  I need to be respectful and be in the moment.

So... no pictures.... just words...

Beautiful bride, handsome groom, gorgeous mother of the bride dress, suave father of the bride, pink and white flowers, songs, scripture from Genesis, vows, prayers, songs, tears, laughter, family, toasts, more laughter, dancing, music, dinner, friends, joy, and most important... worshipping God.

No comments:

Post a Comment