Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Musings ... Movies

I am not a huge moviegoer.  Since I rarely attend movies, I am selective about the movies I do see. Once seated in movie, there is no guarantee that I will stay. If I do stay, I may scream during a preview. Yes, I have even screamed during a movie.  The movie… I am Legend.

I sobbed while watching Twelve Years a Slave. At the end of the movie, I was unable to move. I sat long after the credits had finished rolling. To me, it was that powerful.

So …
 As soon as I heard about the movie about James Brown, I knew that I had to go.  Last Saturday, my husband and I attended “Get On Up” the movie.
Parts of the movie were a bit confusing.  Overall, I saw a gifted man who had overcome huge obstacles.  We left the movie while the credits were rolling. No tears.

This afternoon, I listened to a NPR program about Movies that Make Men Cry!  You might be able to listen to this program on line.   Or, you might read the Esquire’s
June 9, 2014, article 10 Movies that Make Men Cry.

This fall, I look forward to the release of the Exodus: Gods and Kings.  The short preview has displayed some amazing special effects. I hope they stay true to the text from the Book of Exodus. Hopefully, we shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment