Saturday, May 22, 2010

Quinceanera

 Attending my first Quinceanera, I knew that I would be waiting before the festivities began...I was preparing myself  to enjoy the time before the event. As I enter the reception area, I immediately notice the careful attention to detail that has been given to the decorations.  On each table, the centerpieces have been carefully arranged.  At the back of each chair, pink or maroon bows have been skillfully tied.  Bridges and a fountain are a part of the cake...

The music... oh my.... I love the music!

My gift, I did some research this afternoon... I googled about traditional Quinceanera gifts.

Bible: A prayer book or Bible is give to the Quinceanera as a resource to keep the word of God in her life.
Earrings:  Earrings are given to remind her to keep her ears in tune to the voice of God, or to listen to the word of God as well as the world around her.
Ring or Bracelet: is given to symbolize the never ending circle of life, the never ending cycle of womanhood as well as symbolic of her future contributions.
A card and small gift to share with a very special young lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment