Thursday, August 13, 2009

Prayer

What does an answered prayer look like?
If you believe in prayer...what does the answer look like? Think about your most recent answer to prayer. For me, it is daily strength, words to say, rest at night, safety for a trip, forgiveness, provision, grace to be a faithful witness, and insight from God's word.

Then I look at my brother. In June, my brother was gravely ill. My daughter called me and asked me about her uncle...my sister called and said that he was in the emergency room over 200 miles away. I emailed friends, inviting them to join my in prayer.

All I could do was pray. Now, weeks later, he is doing much better. Here are some pictures from his recent "Belated Birthday Celebration" For me, this is an answer to prayer.

The cake





Daughter and grand babies



A sweet mother of a student... she encouraged him to get to the hospital...


Two of Gordon's students at the celebration


Brooklyn eats some yummy birthday cake. Yes, it was delicious!












No comments:

Post a Comment