Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bluegrass Farmers Market

For the past two years, I have been a regular customer at the Bluegrass Farmers Market. Each Saturday morning, I spend time shopping at the market. Last spring, I discovered Swiss chard. This spring, asparagus has become a favorite. In the past, I usually would steam asparagus. Then, a friend shared a simple recipe for roasted asparagus. Yummy!
My grocery list: asparagus, strawberries, spinach, lettuce, flowers, potatoes… I had a bonus, one of the farmers shared a Strawberry Tossed Salad recipe. I used the recipe for tonight.









Strawberry Tossed Salad
Salad
½ cup vegetable oil in a large bowl, combine
1/3 cup sugar 8 cups romaine lettuce
¼ cup cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar) 4 cups bib or leaf lettuce
1 garlic clove minced 2 ½ cup sliced strawberries
¼ tsp salt 1 cup shredded Monterrey cheese
¼ tsp pepper ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
¼ tsp paprika


Dressing:

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/3 cup sugar

1/4 cup cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)

1 garlic clove, minced

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 paprika

Put all ingredients in a jar and mix



Put all ingredients in a jar and mix/ Mix … Pour dressing over just before serving.

http://www.bluegrassfarmersmarket.org/




No comments:

Post a Comment