Sunday, April 19, 2009

Shopping

I seldom go shopping. Even before the economy tanked, I seldom went shopping. I shop for things I need, personal necessities. I am blessed; my husband does the majority of the grocery shopping.
While I don’t like shopping for clothes, I really dislike buying shoes. Finding shoes that fit and are affordable is a challenge for me. Last time I went shopping for shoes, I spent nearly two hours and came home with some crazy looking ill fitting shoes. A few days later, I returned the shoes.
Last Sunday, I wore familiar shoes that have been in my closet for the past three years. I wore a silk dress that I recently had altered. No new clothes...It was Easter last week. I could not bear to go shopping for a new outfit. I did not want to spend time looking for and spend money for a matronly outfit. The good news of Easter is life changing, not the clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment