Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Monday Musings ...

“Who Can Stand Against the LORD?
No one can, no one will
Who can stand against the King?
No one can, no one will"

In the middle of night, I remember the lyrics of a song that I heard Sunday night. I am singing the lyrics in my head that are pointing me to the truth that nothing can stand against an Almighty God.   

I love songs that bring back memories and encourage me. Lyrics have a way of letting a truth soak in your soul. Some songs are so steeped in musical memory and history; I simply rest in the beauty of the words.

Recently, I am blessed to have attended two such concerts.

A tale of two performances …
On October 29, I attended a concert in Bloomington, Indiana. Bob Dylan and Mavis Staples were at Indiana Auditorium. One highlight of the evening was listening to Mavis Staples in her opening act prior to Bob Dylan’s performance.

Experiencing this live performance of Mavis Staples and Bob Dylan was not the best part of the experience. It was the entire 24 hours that included the concert.  What parts? Traveling to Bloomington, walking on Indiana University’s campus, staying at the Showers Bed and Breakfast, and having friends share the experience.


Then, most recently, I attended a Todd Delaney Concert at church on Sunday,
The words of his songs are finding a place in my soul. 

Who Can Stand Against the LORD?
No one can, no one will.
Lyrics from a song by Todd Dulaney

In the midst of pain and suffering, it may seem evil wins at a concert where people are killed in Las Vegans or at a church service on a Sunday morning. Christians have a sure hope that in the end, evil does not win.

Praying for a family member. 
Praying for our country



No comments:

Post a Comment