Thursday, July 20, 2017

Thank you

One of my friends has crafted the fine art creating unique thank you notes. Her timely notes are received soon after the event.  Her notes make me feel appreciated.

When an individuals fails to write a thank you note, it makes you feel like they were not grateful for the gift or the effort you displaying in thinking about them.

I think one of the characteristics that people of faith possess is a life of gratitude. At the top of the list, I find myself thanking God for the blessings of everyday life. As I grow older, I understand the fragility of life and health. I don’t take anything for granted. Since I don’t anything for granted, I attempt to offer thanks for everything.

Believers have a long list of scriptures that encourage us to be thankful.

In Psalm 100: 4 we read these words… “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.”

Again in Ephesians 5:20 we see this scripture,  “And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of the our Lord Jesus Christ."

I also I love this verse in Hebrews: 13:15, Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God proclaiming our allegiance to his name.

I love that Jesus offered a prayer of thanksgiving in  the gospel of Luke 10: 21.  Take a moment to read this chapter, it is worthy of your attention.


How to you express your thanks to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment