Monday, July 3, 2017

Monday Musings ...words

One writer’s words on words…

This is what Dani Shapiro shares about words.

 “Words are our primary means of communication, but they are limited in terms of eliciting an emotional response. When we listen to a glorious symphony, it pierces us – there’s something in it that inexplicably and wordlessly moves us. Part of the job of the writer is to attempt to use words in a way that creates that same wordless feeling of having one’s world rocked. I don’t tend to write about politics, but in recent months I have found myself worrying about the state of the world. Writers are their own instruments, so when that instruments changes, as it changing in this moment, it feels urgently important to understand how to tune it. I teach creative writing to people trying to know themselves better, to open themselves up to the contents of their own inner language – and that, I’ve lately been feeling is a political act.”


What God says about His word?

“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. Matthew 24:25

For me, God's word continues to inform, inspire, and motivate me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment