Monday, October 24, 2016

Monday Musings ... comparison


“Comparison is the thief of joy.”
Theodore Roosevelt 


Do you find yourself taking most of the pictures at gatherings?  Do you feel most at ease taking pictures rather than being in them?  Do you find yourself easing out of snapshots instead of  rushing to be included?


On many occasions, I find myself always behind the camera.  I have the reputation in my family as the “one” who often records events with a digital camera or phone.  I enjoy the chance to meet and mingle. Clicking pictures at events allows me the freedom and opportunity to try to meet everyone.

 I  also think there is a deeper reason. I don’t always like the way I look. Here are a few of the reasons, my hair does not look good, my makeup is fading, or I really don’t like what I am wearing.  

I have decided not to be so obsessed about pictures.  I will embrace who I am at this stage in my life. I am a woman of a certain age and weight.

Embracing who I am allows me the freedom from comparing myself to others. Each of us is unique and valuable to God. 

We are unique, valuable and loved by God.  






No comments:

Post a Comment