Thursday, June 23, 2016

Exercise benefits...

 The Scientific American states the following,  “The longer, harder, and more often you exercise, the greater the health benefits, including reducing the risk of diseases such as cancer and diabetes according to the recommendations based on a decade of scientific research.”

The research demonstrated that exercise is good for the heart, blood vessels, reduces the risks of some cancers, wards off diabetes, increases cognitive skills, and may help individuals lose weight.

On a personal note, I know that I have discovered new strengths as a result of exercising.   From inaction to action, I love my weekly exercise classes.  From instructors to fellow classmates, I adore the people I see every week. 

We receive the benefits when we workout.  


I wish Christians had the same idea about spiritual fitness. I find myself along with others who rarely stretch or exercise our faith.  We are overweight spiritually. We attend weekly church services, enroll in Bible Study classes, enjoy small group fellowship; yet, many of us fail to put our faith into practice. 

I am challenged every week to put into practice the words of Jesus.  

“For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having the promise of the life now is and of that which is to come.”
I Timothy 4:8

There are eternal benefits from exercising our Christian faith.





No comments:

Post a Comment