Friday, July 10, 2015

Challenge yourself

"I think self-discipline is something like a muscle. The more you exercise, the stronger it gets.
Daniel Goldstein

For the past two years, I faithfully attend a water fitness class. When I enrolled in classes in January of 2013, I did not think I could survive the first class. It was so challenging. I was so out of shape.  I was determined not to give up.

What determines if we stick with an exercise program? For me, my health has been the motivator. I have always exercised, but until 2013, I did not participate in classes.  Part of my daily routine was walking . Then, we purchased a elliptical machine. I did it at my pace. Not very challenging!
In, Tennessee, I earned this shirt
by walking daily for 1 year. 

Once I joined a class, I had to follow instructions and try to keep up.  My first instructor was nice, but not challenging.  That was good.  I was physically weak. Since then, our class has had several different instructors.  Now, our class is fortunate to have  a wonderful motivator/teacher. She is challenging and keeps it moving.

Studies suggest that having exercise buddies helps individuals continue in a program. I think the right instructor makes the difference as well.



Wendy
Extra- ordinary  instructor.
The T-shirt says
Rock Steady Boxing
Fighting Back Against Parkinson










No comments:

Post a Comment